Saturday, September 10, 2011

Why I love/hate the Motorola Xoom

  1. Reasons I love it
    • Flash 10.x support meaning I can play flash games, watch youtube in HD and millions of other online videos and other assorted content not viewable on other devices.
    • Dual Core CPU at 1000MHz 
    • 3D graphics Hardware accelerator
    • New android market with movies books and tablet optimized apps/games
    • All the old features that made me love android
  2. Reasons I hate it
    • While it's true I can watch all my favorite videos on the go doing so will inevitably result in data overages which will cost me a hefty fee 10 dollars per gig over which in my opinion is better than Verizons previous overage plan I believe it was 5 cents a megabyte which came out to be about 51.2 dollars a gig
    • The cost is 80 dollars for 10 gigs I think 80 dollars should easily mean unlimited data seen as how on android phones unlimited data is only 30 dollars a month.
    • While the new android market has more features it seems some of the older ones I loved are missing/disabled
    • Last I checked I couldn't find a working Netflix app for it
  3. In closing
    • It's great for mobilizing your life since it has a huge amount of storage you can easily store a decent number of videos not to mention it now supports removable media with the last update meaning even more videos, it can go on the non-mobile Facebook site, sadly for you Farmville addicts it can't quite play it yet. If you're thinking about getting it I'd recommend it however I'd also suggest you check out the newer tablets such as the Samsung galaxy tab 10.1.


Top 5 android apps and games

Android and its growing fanbase

No comments:

Post a Comment