Saturday, September 3, 2011

Android and it's growing fanbase

Since late 2008 when android was first released it has shown vast improvements, for starters the power of most modern day android devices rivals even that of computers from just 5 years ago with even more powerful ones set to come out soon. The android market has over 250,000 applications, with a combined total download count of 4.5 billion and counting as of July 2011. As of June 2011 Google has stated that 550,000 new android devices are activated everyday now keep in mind I said devices that includes more than just phones, there are android PCs too. If it isn't already android is well on it's way to being more popular than the iPhone and iPad, this is partially due to it's open sourced nature allowing for full customization, whereas on iOS your limited to what you can do with it without jail breaking which violates the terms of service. Android is based off of Linux which I think is cool rooted android devices can even run Linux. Feel free to add comments and correct me on anything I'm wrong about or add to what I've said.

Why I Love/Hate the Motorola Xoom

Top 5 Android Apps and Games

No comments:

Post a Comment